Re: DSA AND "OVERSIZE" HOLES IN SILLS AND LEDGERS

r the loss of excess
>epoxy. If the oversized hole is in the wood ledger, than I believe that DSA
>is justified and either the ledgers should be replaced or the anchor
>increased and redrilled.

Would it be possible and acceptable to install precise sleeve shims of the
correct diameter x the thickness of the ledger?  It sounds like the fix is
expensive. I ran across this once with sill plates and the contractor
wanted to fill the oversized holes with epoxy. My previous employer had him
install 3" square plate washers with 4 screws/washer.

Jeff Smith