How to Open Spreadsheet ?

I appear to have correctly received the K factor spreadsheet, but how to open
it?  I'm using CC:Mail, and when I click on the spreadsheet file, it does not
recognize the application and I am asked to identify it. I assume it is in
Excell and I choose that application, but I then must select one of several
extension choices (xls, etc), but none are "zip". What am I doing wrong ?