Re: Advertising as an Engineer by Architects

I've inquired similarly with the State Board for Engineers and was told an
engineer must be on staff or a principal.  Keep after them to verify from
them directly but I think they should be turned in to the board of
registration, you can get forms from them.  Architects have no business
saying they are engineers.

dennismc

At 02:00 PM 1/9/97 EST, you wrote:
>I recently received a business card from a prospective client (Architect).
Below
>the business name reads "Architecture-Engineering-Planning". I know for a fact
>that none of the principals of the firm are licensed Engineers. Is this legal?
>Ethical? I've tried calling the State Board of Registration for Professional
>Engineers as well as the State Board of Architects and I am currently in a
>perpetual state of telephone tag. I know that the State Board of Architects
>frowns on the use of the word "Architect" or any variations unless a principal
>is a licensed Architect. Aren't there the same sort of restrictions on the use
>of "Engineering", "Engineer", etc.? This practice further misleads the general
>public to believe Architects do more than they actually do.

dennismc