Advertising as an Engineer by Architects

I recently received a business card from a prospective client (Architect). Below
the business name reads "Architecture-Engineering-Planning". I know for a fact
that none of the principals of the firm are licensed Engineers. Is this legal?
Ethical? I've tried calling the State Board of Registration for Professional
Engineers as well as the State Board of Architects and I am currently in a
perpetual state of telephone tag. I know that the State Board of Architects
frowns on the use of the word "Architect" or any variations unless a principal
is a licensed Architect. Aren't there the same sort of restrictions on the use
of "Engineering", "Engineer", etc.? This practice further misleads the general
public to believe Architects do more than they actually do.