Re: Cantilever Load and Stress Yield

At 05:27 AM 1/7/97 -0500, you wrote:

>i was wondering if anyone could tell me if or where i might find actual
>measurements or calculations of the ability of pipe or steel rod to
>withstand loading when used as a cantilever?
>
>I imagine that this ability must be directly related to the "stress yield";
>but, don't know if or how the latter can be used to calculate the former.
>
>Any insight into this would be appreciated.
>
>My thanks in advance.
>
>Steve Berlant

Steve, you can see calculations for steel pipe or tubular members in the
rule API RP 2A of American Petroleum Institute. bye.
 Joaquim Melo

  |     Joaquim Gabriel Chaves de Melo                       |
  |     Cenpes - Centro de Pesquisas da Petrobras            |
  |     Rio de Janeiro - Brasil                              |