Cantilever Load and Stress Yield

i was wondering if anyone could tell me if or where i might find actual
measurements or calculations of the ability of pipe or steel rod to
withstand loading when used as a cantilever?

I imagine that this ability must be directly related to the "stress yield";
but, don't know if or how the latter can be used to calculate the former.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

My thanks in advance.

Steve Berlant