Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Diaphragm shears[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Diaphragm shears
- From: Shake4bake(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 11:30:39 -0500
Thank you for responding Michael, <The diaphragm and connection to the vertical element should be designed for the higher diaphragm shear values..... A minimum design force limit is provided in the code for diaphragm attachment, as will as a maximum design force which by code you need not exceed, > The above I am clear on. <you have reduced the expected lateral forces (seismic) by the Rw value and you are depending upon the ductility of the lateral resisting system to resist the true lateral forces> So... we are calculating diaphragm forces for higher mode responses solely for the purpose of ensuring connection integrity and proper distribution of loads, the intent of the UBC is not to design the vertical element for this force. Thanks again, Mark D. Baker Baker Engineering
- Prev by Subject: Re: Diaphragm shears
- Next by Subject: Re: Diaphragm shears
- Previous by thread: Re: Diaphragm shears
- Next by thread: Probability..