Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
LRFD Seismic Provisions[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: LRFD Seismic Provisions
- From: DCDFLMAIL(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 13:06:34 -0500
Happy New Year! Can any body provide some reference on using the following two load combinations in steel (LRFD) Design: 1.2D + 0.5L +/- 0.4RE 0.9D +/- 0.4RE where R is the Structural Response Coeffiecient, and E is the seismic service load. The LRFD Seismic Design Provisions for Steel Building state that the above two equations shall be used "as necessary". Can you provide some guidance as to when these are necessary. They are not mentioned with the load combinations in ASCE 7. Thank You.
- Prev by Subject: Fwd: Re: LRFD anybody & CE vs. SE Discussion
- Next by Subject: Re: LRFD Seismic Provisions
- Previous by thread: Re: Probability..
- Next by thread: Re: LRFD Seismic Provisions