Fwd: Re: Pricing Tracts or duplicate designs

Hi Dennis,

In this situation, I usually try for 25% for each identical building.
Sounds like you are in the ballpark.  You need to get something for it as
you are still responsible for the additional buildings.

dennismc

At 10:25 AM 2/24/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I have the opportunity to bid a low income multi-unit residential complex.
>The design consists of five buildings of similar floor plan (slight
>modification to the layout, but probably not the structural framing plans)
>and two others of similar layout.
>I need some help in pricing the project. I don't want a dollar figure, but
>I want to know what to expect for the duplicate designs. What is my
>services worth as a percentage of the full design?
>
>Example:
>Unit's A:
>10 Apartments @ 920 square feet each. Two story fairly well stacked
>(shearwalls). Type V construction with plywood floors with possible
>lightweight concrete topping.  Slab on grade.
>Level compacted construction site - soil: sand mix 1500 psi bearing
>allowed.
>
>Again, I'm not looking for a price, but want to know whether to charge 10%,
>20% or ?% of fee's for each additional structure.
>
>Some thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Sincerely
>Dennis Wish PE
face="Lucida Casual">I have the opportunity to bid a low income multi-unit
residential complex. The design consists of five buildings of similar floor
plan (slight modification to the layout, but probably not the structural
framing plans) and two others of similar layout.<br>I need some help in
pricing the project. I don't want a dollar figure, but I want to know what
to expect for the duplicate designs. What is my services worth as a
Apartments @ 920 square feet each. Two story fairly well stacked
(shearwalls). Type V construction with plywood floors with possible
lightweight concrete topping. &nbsp;Slab on grade.<br>Level compacted
construction site - soil: sand mix 1500 psi bearing allowed. <br><br>Again,
I'm not looking for a price, but want to know whether to charge 10%, 20% or
?% of fee's for each additional structure. <br><br>Some thoughts would be
dennismc