Fwd: Re: building code minimums for wood frame

Christopher Wright wrote:
> To risk sounding like the social liberal I'm proud to be, had the
> government not stepped in we'd still have people mining coal as virtual
> serfs, kids working in textile mills, and a Jim Crow country. We might
> even have had a revolution in the thirties a helluva lot worse than the
> one we got. Apart from that, the point is taken, although in the process
> of functioning in 'our type of economy' doesn't require professionals to
> wallow with schlock-meisters just to stay fed.

While I would not recommend a Union for our Industry, if you read my
post carefully, I did not say that Unions are worthless.  What I said
was that SEAOC is not the place to be addressing issues of wages and
fees, that is the role of a Union.  I do not feel I need a Union acting
on my behalf.  If I was in an industry where I was powerless, and could
easily be replaced by almost any unskilled person off the street, then a
Union may serve a purpose.

Lynn