Fwd: Need for SEAOC Listserver Categories

I vote yes for a few seperate subject categories. One I would particularly
like to see is specifically for STAAD, which I would guess is one of the most

widely used structural analysis programs and at the same time, in my
experience, one of that leaves a lot to be desired in technical question
customer support compared to some others. The last time I accessed the STAAD
user group listserver, it left a lot to be desired as far as identifying bugs

in the program (which many times REI knows about but I my knowledge has no
systematic method of bring these to the attention to its users- when you call

with a problem, you get "oh yes, that's a known bug") or discussing things
such as particular questions users have or how to do something in the program

that is not clearly addressed in their users manual (if at all- have to use
trial and error at times to discover something that should have been
addressed in the manual).

Anyway, what comes to mind for this listserver are subject categories such as

COMPUTER PROGRAMS, PROFESSIONAL ISSUES (would include such items as
engineering ehtics, fees, liability), and TECHNICAL ISSUES.

Jim Fulton