Fwd: M: Just Another Opinion

Bruce Swanney wrote:

> <snip>
>
> I agree with this idea
>
> -----
> > I'd hate to see this discussion group get too fragmented, so I cast my
> > vote against a separate list for software & hardware.  Besides, there
> > doesn't seem to be a great deal of discussion on that topic anyway.  If
> > you must break the list, I suggest one list for technical discussions
> > and another one for professional practice discussions.  I think that
> > would split the traffic more cleanly and evenly.

Me too!  There is no need to create separate lists when only twenty or
thirty individuals currently post on a regular basis.  How many posts
would there be if Dennis, Sandy, and Bill all stopped participating?  I
support the idea of keeping one list, but having everyone code their
"subjects" for quick sorting by the reader:

T:	technical
P:	professional
C:	computer
M:	miscellaneous (humor, etc.)

With respect to STAAD3, it shouldn't be supported by SEAoC if it isn't
being supported by the vendor.  My experience with STAAD3 has been so
negative that I am surprised whenever I find that others are still using
(or trying to use) it.

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

  The goal of every engineer is to retire
  without getting blamed for a major catastrophe!
				      ....Dilbert