Fwd: Re: GOOD STRUCTURAL PROGRAMS

My company purchased WINSTRUDL Lite in January (and it was handed to me
to learn).  It will serve the purpose, but has not overwhelmed me with
its ease.  Their manual has the basics, but is missing an index in the
back for easy keyword access.   The front chapters are descriptive so one
is not lost.  Their technical support by e-mail is prompt and usually to
the point.  Over the phone and by fax, the response is slow and the
accent heavy.

I have had to request an update already because some of their features
were not active on a pentium.  Rather, I requested an update last week
and have yet to see it.

As far as ease in generating a geometry, the windows part works well for
boxes and grids.  Otherwise it is just as easy to draw it out in cadd,
get the coordinates and type them in manually.  I wish that they could
import from a cadd program.  They can export to DXF files.  So far, I
tend to use the text line input more than the windows capabilities, but
their windows helps to building the text line input are very helpful.

Another annoyance is the plotting capability is limited to portrait paper
orientation, as far as I can determine.

I have not had the opportunity to explore the dynamic capabilities.

Valerie Eskelsen
eskelsev(--nospam--at)juno.com