Fwd: Re: GOOD STRUCTURAL PROGRAMS (seaoc Digest for 19 Mar 1997)

Dear Structural Engineers,

In the past, I also had problems with STAAD3: there were unreliable results
for large dynamic analysis problems, and I found the technical support iffy.
I quit using it.
Our firm uses "M-Strudl" by Computer Aided Structural Technology (CAST),
contact Ta Chang at (510) 226-8857.

Most importantly, the M-Strudl program gives accurate results even for very
large problems, but other features that I like are the Windows format, quick
"view plot" capability, dxf output files, the choice of entering data either
by an input file or using their input forms, steel and concrete design
routines, and having the user's manual in the program as a pull down menu
option so I don't have to go find the manual.

Best of all, every time I've had any problem whatsoever, I have called Mr.
Chang, and he has personally answered the phone and told me what to do.  No
waiting around, no ignorant middleman, just the program author himself at
your service.
Also, the cost is very competitive.  We bought the program in July 1995 for
$1600.  (Back then, he was offering a free mini-program sample diskette
(capable of I think 20 joints max) to  introduce engineers to the software.
I don't know if this is still available.)

Sincerely,
Sue Leifield
Johnson Leifield Structural Engineering
Marina dey Rey, CA