Fwd: For James Fulton :Fw: GOOD STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING PROGRAMS

James,
Your email does not show on my mail server or I would have forwarded this
to you personally...sorry gang...please forgive me for replying to the
group!
Patti Freling
---------> This is a message forwarded to me from France, addressing your
inquiry about SE software......
> > From: Jacques Prat <mail(--nospam--at)prat-sa.com>
> > To: ListServer <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
> > Subject: Re: GOOD STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING PROGRAMS
> > Date: Thursday, March 20, 1997 2:21 PM
> >
> > James F Fulton wrote :
> > >
> > >..., I would be interested in knowing what other programs structural
> > >engineers on the listserver have found to be generally better to
> > >use than STAAD3...
> >

> > James :
> >
> > First, I would like to tell you that my opinion about S.E. programs can
> > be not very impartial because my company has been involved in the Robot
> > V6 adventure since its first days (12 years ago) with RoboBat.
Moreover,
> > I would not want other engineers on the listserver, think I am using
the
> > S.E.A.O.C. service as a low-cost advertising support. That is not the
> > case.
> > I am a structural engineer, in the South of France, manager of the
> > company Prat SA., Structural Engineering. I guess you will forgive the
> > poor quality of my English.
> > Very simply, I can say we tested the most of structural engineering
> > programs we could find all around the world, but we continue to work
> > with Robot V6 which is the best program I know, specially for steel
> > structures (using many different standards) and also for F.E.A.,
> > particularly for heavy dynamic problems. The graphical preprocessor is
> > nice to use, analysis is complete, powerful and the fastest I know,
> > surely the fastest of the world. Results are or graphically given, or
> > listed with many possibilities. The steel postprocessor can analyse and
> > optimize 3D structures in a very professional way, using hierarchical
> > concepts - very powerful. You can change the units, the language or the
> > standard you use with a mouse click.
> > Although I consider Robot V6 is generally much better than its
> > competitors, I must say that is not THE PERFECT PROGRAM. Particularly
> > because Robot V6 is still a DOS program (the Win version - Robot 97,
> > will be only available in some months for the full version) and also
> > because some customers did not find the manuals as nice as the
> > program...  (perhaps the program is too nice :-) !). The magazine
Modern