Fwd: Re: GOOD STRUCTURAL PROGRAMS

I agree.  In college, about 1 1/2 years ago :^), we used RISA 2D to analyze
all of our steel design projects.  It basically took about 10 minutes (9
minutes walking to the lab, 1 minute finding the programs directory) before
we could have frames input, loaded, and output generated.  My firm ends up
designing a lot of single or two story frames for seismic retrofits, and a
fast, easy to use program like RISA is ideal.  Of course, I'm still trying
to get my firm to buy the program for me (my student copy cannot be used
for professional use), and for now I'm stuck with more cumbersome and time
consuming software.

Paul