Fwd: Re: Cable and Fabric Structures

croser(--nospam--at)s6.hninc.com wrote:

> I've been trying to find some information on cable and fabric structures.
>  The problem I'm faced with is that of a covered canopy comprised of fabric
> stretched between a tensioned cable structure.  I haven't been too
> successful to date to find any information on this type of thing, although
> have the names of two manufacturers of similar products:
>      Birdair, inc.
>      DCI, inc.
> I don't have a contact to either of these companies.  If anyone has a
> contact, I would greatly appreciate it.  Of course, any opinions anyone has
> on this sort of thing are also appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Jeff Crosier, S.E.

I know Sweets used to have a brochure for Birdair products, may still, I
just don't have a current copy (who does?).

With a web browser you can point to www.birdair.com. They seem to have a
good deal of information there.

My experience is limited with this company other than to know that Horst
Berger (sp?) of Geiger-Berger / NY was somehow involved. I had an early
interest in inflatable structures and arranged a SEAONC speaker (David
Geiger) for a very interesting meeting years ago.... (Note: this is
years ago spoken by a baby boomer BTW... not yeeeeeaaaarrrrs ago!)

Barry H. Welliver
wellive(--nospam--at)ibm.net