Fwd: Re: Computer Crashes

Sorry about my previous response. I've calmed down and walked around the
block. I'm now more prepared for a more civilized response.

If Microsoft limited the software that was compatible with Win95 and
limited what hardware could be used with Win95, I doubt if there would be
any troubles. However, Win95 has been designed (good or bad) so that anyone
can make hardware to use with it and anyone can write software for it
(literally, considering the ease of Visual Basic and Delphi).

With this open architecture (I don't know why I hate that word), conflicts
and operating problems are bound to happen in a multi-tasking environment.

Personally, I enjoy having a choice in what software and hardware I can
use. I've used AutoCAD for 6-1/2 years now. Not because I think it's the
best cad software. But AutoCAD represents approximately 70% of the market
share. I can easily find people who know AutoCAD. Most of my clients use
AutoCAD. Third party software is readily available. I'm not interested in
Microstation or Archicad or any other cad program for that reason. EVERYONE
knows and uses it.

I like to have a choice between Enercalc, RISA, STAAD3, ETABS, etc. If I
had a Mac, I would have these choices and, granted, I wouldn't have the
problems with the crashes.

I submitted my post for the benefit of those using Win95 to possibly help
them to avoid the experience I have gone through. If this information does
not apply to you, let it go. Except from a defensive standpoint, you will
never see an opinion from me about Macs.

Regards,
Bill Allen