Fwd: Re: cold formed steel

There's something about cold formed steel framing that I've been wondering
about for a long time. I realize one of the problems faced with this type
of construction is the inability to achieve an R value anything close to
wood framed construction. But, what about the loss of strength of the
framing system during a fire? I realize the studs and joists are wrapped
with gyp. board and plywood on floors and gyp. board and stucco on walls,
but the framing will still get warm. According to AISC, the yield strength
will drop to 37% at 1200 degrees. Does anyone know if this issue has been
addressed by the industry?

Regards,
Bill Allen