Re: signing plans by others

Wade Jensen wrote:

    [To all concerned participants,

    The quality of these postings may have just dropped to a new all-time
    low.  We have nothing better to do with our time in the middle of the day
    than discussing calculators, giving our life stories, and bragging about
    our alma mater??  Come on people, I know that you are capable of much
    more intelligent thought than this (at least I hope)!]

Wade-
Those who regularly contribute to the list are a community of people that aren't one-dimensional as you seem to feel they
should be.  A little bantering about personal issues helps us all to know each other better.

What's the benefit?  As with any human endeavor, it generates trust, understanding, respect and a feeling of connection with
each other.  Those who have participated for a while know the limits and have not, IMHO, abused the list (particularly Bill
Allen, who has been one of the most active and solid contributors).

You are certainly welcome to participate in the list and I hope you will.  I also hope we will all get to know YOU better.
Please don't insult list participants.  Observe and particpate with respect for those who have been contributing far longer
than you (I haven't noticed any contributions from you yet other than your bitch note). I think you'll find that we all try
to help each other with structural engineering matters, but we keep it in a human framework.  This is why I believe the list
has been so successful.

Regards,
Bill Cain, SE
Oakland, CA