Re: Seminar subjects

HARRISENGR(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

>      I would really appreciate it if you ( everyone / anyone ) could take a
> moment to mention topics of dinner meetings and day ( whole or half )
> seminars you would like to hear. Even if you don't regularly attend.
>      Also, do you prefer weekdays or Saturdays for day seminars?

Meeting topics,

1.	Try calling Sandy Pringle and see if he could give a talk on pressure
grouting CMU and concrete walls.  He may be able to convince a grout
supplier to also come.  Immediately after the next seismic event we all
become interested in repairing building but why not learn how its done
before.  I am sure Sandy can tell us about a few nightmares.

2.	It would be nice to have another talk about CMU and Concrete thin
wall design.  Perhaps you could the Masonry Institute and Precast
Concrete Institute to provide a speaker.

3.	How about the do's and don't of installing Hilti and Red Head
concrete anchors.  They could also talk about the latest epoxy installed
bolts.

4.	Try contacting a tilt-up building contractor and get the phone number
of a tilt-up panel wall lifting contractor.  We all could learn from
them about the hardware they use, safety factors on the hardware and
areas where we cause them problems due to access, etc.

5.	I am not sure if the general membership would be interested in
precast concrete utility vault companies do for the utility companies
but I could probably get someone to do a show and tell.  If you get out
of Southern California you find that a lot more civil structure are
precast concrete.

I prefer weekdays at Costa Mesa.  Luminares in L.A. is too far to travel
from south Orange County.

You did not seem to be getting any nibbles on your post so I thought I
could give a few ideas.  Hope it helps.

Jim Dane, P.E.