Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Approx. moments by ACI code[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: SEAOC <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Approx. moments by ACI code
- From: Dan Vines <dvines(--nospam--at)mindspring.com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 15:01:00 -0400
Another engineer in my office has found a discrepancy in the ACI code for estimating moments in continuous span concrete beams. Section 8.3.3 allows approximate moments in lieu of a frame analysis for beams and one way slabs meeting certain conditions. In particular, the code allows a value of wl^2/9 for the negative moment at the exterior face of the first interior support for a two span continuous beam. After using this equation and checking using frame analysis, the actual moment appears to be much closer to wl^2/8. Has anyone else noticed this? I would be happy to provide a design example for anyone who would like to see it. Thanks, Dan Vines, EIT Starzer & Ritchie, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Apple OS FEM programs
- Next by Subject: RE: Approx. moments by ACI code
- Previous by thread: Re: Seminar subjects
- Next by thread: RE: Approx. moments by ACI code