RE: Approx. moments by ACI code

I think all of us who too indeterminate structures in college remember
that for a textbook example with supports perfectly pinned, the moment
would be exactly wl^2/8.  As a practical matter, a concrete beam
monolithic with the wall would not be pinned, although it might rotate
quite a ways toward the idealized deflected shape.  I believe this
restraint at the exterior supports is the reason for the reduction in
the moment from the ideally pinned value.