Re: Approx. moments by ACI code

I believe the reason is that the code allows for moment redistribution, ie.
some of the negative moment is redistributed to the positive range.  Section
8.4 explains it in more detail.  These values have been in the Code longer
than I have been alive.  I don't think there would be any problems with them.

Richard Lewis, P.E.
Missionary TECH Team
rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org