Seaoc mail archive

Today I was trying to access the mail archive. It seems there are two of them.
(i).archive.zip: I guess that is our mailing list. The message says it is
forbidden to teh public. Am doing anything wrong? somebody please advise.
(ii).Civil-L mailing List asrchive: It has many sorted mail messages. which
group is this? How does some one join the mailing list? Somebody be kind
enough to advise. Thanks ahead.- AJ Ray