Re: Wood on Steel Studs

Luis -

  I have a copy of the "Shear Wall Design Guide(RG-9604)" which is published
by the
American Iron and Steel Institute. Said publication provides test results for
various
wall assemblies(i.e., gyp on one side, OSB or plywood on the other, etc). The
tested
wall panels were generally 8' -0" x 8'-0". Since the publication is
approximately 13 pages in length, I can FAX you a copy if so desired.

Charlie Canitz, PE
Bel Air, MD