ED (education?) RE: Seminar subjects

At 11:19 AM 7/25/97 -0700, you wrote:
>HARRISENGR(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:
>>
>>      I would really appreciate it if you ( everyone / anyone ) could take a
>> moment to mention topics of dinner meetings and day ( whole or half )
>> seminars you would like to hear. Even if you don't regularly attend.
>>      Also, do you prefer weekdays or Saturdays for day seminars?
>
>Meeting topics,
>
>1.	Try calling Sandy Pringle and see if he could give a talk on pressure
>grouting CMU and concrete walls.  He may be able to convince a grout
>supplier to also come.  Immediately after the next seismic event we all
>become interested in repairing building but why not learn how its done
>before.  I am sure Sandy can tell us about a few nightmares.
>
>2.	It would be nice to have another talk about CMU and Concrete thin
>wall design.  Perhaps you could the Masonry Institute and Precast
>Concrete Institute to provide a speaker.
>
>3.	How about the do's and don't of installing Hilti and Red Head
>concrete anchors.  They could also talk about the latest epoxy installed
>bolts.
>
>4.	Try contacting a tilt-up building contractor and get the phone number
>of a tilt-up panel wall lifting contractor.  We all could learn from
>them about the hardware they use, safety factors on the hardware and
>areas where we cause them problems due to access, etc.
>
>5.	I am not sure if the general membership would be interested in
>precast concrete utility vault companies do for the utility companies
>but I could probably get someone to do a show and tell.  If you get out
>of Southern California you find that a lot more civil structure are
>precast concrete.

>Jim Dane, P.E.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jim.  In fact, as a Committee Chair, I
am participating in the Seminar and Education Development meeting this week
for SEAOSC as we try to develop programs of interest for Dinner meetings
and day long seminars and conferences.
Your suggestions are appreciated.

Sandy Pringle,
Structural Inspection Consultants Inc.