Re: computer program

<Do you prefer amber or green?>

Green.

<Easier than clicking on an icon?>

Yes, particularly when you have to click on an icon, get a
pull-down menu that requires either a click or double-click,
which gives you a dialog box that requires you to scroll thru
some items, then gives you a dialog box that says, "OK" and when
you click on that it exits the program.  I type "CAD <project
no.>" to get into a project sub-directory and start AutoCad, I
type "WP" to get into WordPerfect, I type "DB" to get into
FoxPro, I type 123 to get into a spreadsheet, and I don't have to
be looking for an icon and trying to figure out whether to click
or double click on it.

<Does DOS have [multi-tasking] capabilities?>

Yes, it's called DeskView from Quarterdeck, could be used with
286 processors, and was out long before Microsoft started
thinking about copying the Mac's operating system.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

P.S.  Seriously, I took Windows off this computer when I got it
and don't even know (or care) where the disks are right now!  I
can't figure out what the icons mean, and am too impatient to do
all the clicking and double-clicking that Windows requires.  When
I found that I could start AutoCad without the on-screen menu, I
took that off.  If I had to use the AutoCad on-screen menu, I
would still be drafting manually.  Oh, yes.  There is one thing I
know how to do in Windows - Get out of it (ALT-F, X)!  Then I can
do some serious computing!