Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Bridge Questions[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Bridge Questions
- From: chris towne <ctowne(--nospam--at)wvinter.net>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 19:00:14 -0400
- Posted-date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 19:04:26 -0400 (EDT)
I am working on rehabilitating two bridges that were built in the late forty's. I need to know what the material strengths might be. The original plans state structural or intermediate grade reinforcing steel A.S.T.M. 15-39 or rail steel bars A.S.T.M. A16-35. The plans also call for class A and class B concrete, I'm not sure what these were in the forty's. I also have a question about timber piles. Can you drive steel piles through them (or at least drill through) or is it cheaper to remove them? Just in case you are wondering, they're about 41 feet long. Does anyone know of a cheap or free program that finds live load moments and shears for a continuous 5 span bridge? Nothing fancy, just moments and shears for one design lane. I would like to double check the program I am running now. Thank you, Chris Towne, E.I.T.
- Prev by Subject: Bridge Building
- Next by Subject: Re: Bridge Questions
- Previous by thread: Balcony Repair
- Next by thread: Re: Bridge Questions