Re: CMU

PRSE(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> Mark -
>
> Thanks for your response.  A couple of more thoughts if I may.  (As you can
> tell I've spent some time thinking about this issue.)
> Does TrusJoist mind that you are taking your shear force through the glued
> connection between the web and the top flange of their joist?

This is getting confusing :) Looks like Mr. Cochran responded with a
similar detail description to mine, it went through before mine, you
responded to it thinking it was mine....

For the 35C, 40C, 55C series joists, Truss Joist calc's a shear transfer
capacity of 1125#/' between the web and top flange. As Sasha Itsekson
points out you do have to watch where the web splice occurs.

I will let Mr. Cochran respond to your question about the tie rod detail
since he deserves the credit for coming up with it :)

Regards,

Mark D. Baker