Re: Shear and Tied Veneer Walls

I don't know about code issues, but I would question how the two materials
would behave together if they have a different modulus of elasticity. As
they
try to deform together, they probably will behave differently due to the
difference
in the stress-strain curves. A corrolary (sp?) would be stucco on one side
of a wall
and plywood on the other. The URM and veneer would be closer than
stucco/plywood
but I don't believe you would get the strength of the sum of the
thicknesses.

My $0.02.

Bill Allen