Re: URM: Shear and Tied Veneer Walls

Dennis,

I tend to agree with the previous posts.  I would discount the veneer.  What
guarantee do you have as to its anchorage, strength, quality, or
compatability?  Does it have an integral header course with the rest of the
brick?  If not you could lose it all very quickly as it is probably ancored
rather poorly.

Don't be afraid to upgrade a URM building. They have a very poor historical
track record.

Bruce Resnick