Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Bridge Questions[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "INTERNET:seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: Re: Bridge Questions
- From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)CompuServe.COM>
- Date: 31 Jul 97 11:28:47 EDT
I forgot to address the last part of your post in my previous response. Although not a computer program (but considerably cheaper), AISC publishes, "Moments, Shears and Reactions for Continuous Highway Bridges." This has tables for bridges with 2 - 4 spans, interior span lengths 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 times end span lengths and has separate tables for truck loading and influence lines. I always have used the influence line tables as it seems that I can never match what I have to what the truck loading tables have. A 5-span bridge would be the same as the 4-span for the end two spans. The last AISC price list that I have (the only one that I could find -- I'm going to have to clean out my catalog drawer!) lists it for $10.00, Publication No. T106. Hope this helps. A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural) Tucson, Arizona
- Prev by Subject: Re: Bridge Questions
- Next by Subject: Re: Bridge Questions
- Previous by thread: Re: Bridge Questions
- Next by thread: Re: New URL for Email Archives - Thanks !!!