Re: Bridge Questions

I forgot to address the last part of your post in my previous
response.

Although not a computer program (but considerably cheaper), AISC
publishes, "Moments, Shears and Reactions for Continuous Highway
Bridges."  This has tables for bridges with 2 - 4 spans, interior
span lengths 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 times end span lengths
and has separate tables for truck loading and influence lines.  I
always have used the influence line tables as it seems that I can
never match what I have to what the truck loading tables have.  A
5-span bridge would be the same as the 4-span for the end two
spans.

The last AISC price list that I have (the only one that I could
find -- I'm going to have to clean out my catalog drawer!) lists
it for $10.00, Publication No. T106.

Hope this helps.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona