Wood truss

     I have a wood truss design that I would appreciate feedback on.  This
     truss is to be used for roof support on a barn.  It uses 2x4's (flat
     side out) for chords and diagonals with OSB "gussets" nailed on both
     sides.  The trusses have a 20 foot span, 4:12 side slope and spaced at
     24" on center.  The nails are to be driven and "clinched" (bent over
     on the far side).  With the double shear on 10d nails I need 6 nails
     per member on the largest loaded connection.  Some connections are not
     concentric, so this number would go up.

     Things I was wondering about:
        1) Will OSB work OK vs. plywood in this application?
        2) What is the recommended nail spacing and edge distance?
        3) Any other special considerations for gusset size?
        4) What is the best way to brace the bottom chord for wind uplift?

     Ed Haninger
     ed.haninger(--nospam--at)fluordaniel.com