CONC Slab Uplift

First, thanks to all who responded to my request for repeat of
information on concrete slabs for machinery.  I received exactly
the information I needed.

I have another concrete slab question that I could use some
help with:

I am evaluating a 4" slab on grade with no edge beams or footings.
At one column location, there is an uplift load of 2.5 kips.
Given that the slab is thin and flexible, it would appear that
the uplift load would engage a portion of the slab in bending.

The highest uplift reaction occurs in the middle of the slab, away
from the edges; but I am also interested in behavior near the edges.

How would you determine what portion of the slab resists the uplift
load and then how would you evaluate the design moments in the slab?

Any suggestions or references would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nina Sickler