Re: CONC Slab Uplift

ACI-318-95 is for "Structural" concrete.  A slab on grade is not
considered a structural element for resisting uplift (see chapter 22).

My suggestion is to saw-cut out the slab around the column and add
enough concrete (with rebar dowels/pins) to the existing footing to
provide a total dead load of 1.5 times the uplift, and disregard the
weight of the slab.

Lew Midlam, PE
http://www.lcm.com