Re[2]: WD - 1 1/8 " plywood pressure treatment

You may want to try speaking with Dennis Haywood of the Western Wood Preservers
Institute at 360-693-9958.

John Hubert

Subject: Re: WD - 1 1/8 " plywood pressure treatment
Author:  gatensby(--nospam--at)cyberstore.ca at Internet
Date:    8/1/97 3:17

>I am working on a school project which will be using 1 1/8" pressure
>treated plywood.  The project architect wonders if DSA or the School
>Districts will be concerned about VOC or "Off Gasing" of the plywood due
>to the chemicals used to treat the plywood.  Does anyone have a response
>to this question?  The Architect has been trying to contact APA with no
>success and I said that I may have more luck posting the question here.

APA is probably not the best source of info, the Architect should try and
contact the
Preserved or Treated Wood Association. I'm sorry I do not know the correct
name and address for the US organization, maybe somebody else could provide
it...
In Canada there is

Canadian Wood Preservers Bureau (613) 232-5967
and
Canadian Institute of Treated Wood (613) 737-4337

They (or their US counterpart) should have specific information on VOC's, as
well as other hazards of pressure treated plywood  (whatever you do, don't
eat it  ;)

Maura Gatensby
Architect

Vancouver, Canada