Re: CONC Slab Uplift

The solution is easy..
Write a memo to your p.m. stating your objections, keep a copy and/or
have the contractor or your Civil project manager sign the drawings.

How many times have we heard from contractors "I've never had to do
this or that before" or "I've just finished an _identical_ project than
where
we didn't have to do this or that" ?

What are you being hired to do? Just nod and say "yes" to every non-techie?

I'm starting to remember why I stopped working for other people. Today, I
have
no problem telling a contractor, when he wants to deviate from the
structural
design and I'm uncomfortable with the changes, "If this is what you want to
do,
_you_ sign it."

Yes, Nina, I wouldn't use the slab to resist 2.5k in uplift.

Regards,
Bill Allen