Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: CONC Slab Uplift[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: CONC Slab Uplift
- From: "Bill Sherman" <SHERMANWC(--nospam--at)cdm.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 12:59:17 +0500
Per Lew Midlam: > ACI-318-95 is for "Structural" concrete. A slab on grade is not considered a structural element for resisting uplift (see chapter 22). < I do not concur with this statement. A slab on grade is not a structural element when it transmits non-structural loads directly to the soil beneath it. When it transmits load reactions from the structure, it is a footing and is definitely a structural element.
- Prev by Subject: Re: CONC Slab Uplift
- Next by Subject: Re: CONC Slab Uplift
- Previous by thread: Re: CONC Slab Uplift
- Next by thread: Re: CONC Slab Uplift