Re: CONC Slab Uplift

The big problem would be if the hanger door was open as they
frequently are.  I don't think that it can be assumed that the
door will be or could be closed during a storm, or even if it is
closed, that it would not fail in a storm.

I assume all buildings, unless they are solid bunkers, to be
partially enclosed, even carport shelters.  As sure as God made
little green apples, someone is going to put up a wall (or park a
truck) near carport shelters which will essentially make the
shelter a partially enclosed building.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona