Re: CONC Slab Uplift

Bill,

Specifically, refer to para. 22.2.2.  A 4" thick unreinforced
slab-on-grade does not qualify under a), b), or c) of that para., when
subjected to a concentrated uplift load.

An argument can be made that it might qualify under a) for a downward
load (in which case the slab is contiunuously supported by soil), but
not for an uplift load.

Lew Midlam, PE
http://www.lcm.com