Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Floor Vibrations[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Floor Vibrations
- From: Rick.Drake(--nospam--at)fluordaniel.com
- Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 6:44:00 -0400
Chris Towne asked: <<Does anyone have a solution for dampening floor vibrations in a lobby area where adding partitions is not feasible?>> AISC's traveling road show this year includes a session on Control Of Floor Vibrations which includes techniques to solve your problem. In addition the AISC Steel Design Guide Series #11, entitles Floor Vibrations Due To Human Activity, will be published this year. It may already be available for purchase; check with AISC. The researcher behind these documents is Dr. Thomas Murray of Virginia Polytechnic University in Blacksburg, Virginia. He has methods that involve strengthening structural members and/or adding active control devices. You could also check out Dr. Murray's 1991 Engineering Journal (AISC) article on floor vibrations. Good luck, Rick Drake, SE Fluor Daniel, Inc.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Floor Vibrations
- Next by Subject: Re: Floor Vibrations
- Previous by thread: Re: Floor Vibrations
- Next by thread: Re: Floor Vibrations