Advice

I am wondering what would be the best route for me to go for
registration.  I am currently working for a structural engineering firm
in Albany, GA.  This is the only company that I have worked for since
graduation.  Georgia has now adopted the Structural I exam in addition to
the typical Civil exam.  Based on this I will be required to take the
structural exam due to my experience being strictly structural.  There
does not seem to be any restrictions on the practice of structural
engineering with a SE versus a PE (civil).  Will this possibly restrict
me later on?  If I took the civil and passed, then later worked in a
multi-disciplined firm, after becoming familiar with say site layout,
could I then seal plans for them w/o retaking the test?  Is there any
distinguishing difference between an SE and PE in Georgia? Elsewhere?
Any ideas?  I would appreciate any insight into this.

Thanks,

Mike