Re: Advice

On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Bill Allen, S.E. wrote:
> Anyone following this list service for any amount of time should come
> to the conclusion that there is NO benefit to passing the SE exam in
> California, a state where there has been significant structural damage
> due to earthquakes. Therefore, I cannot believe there would be any
> significance to passing a similar exam in other states that allow PEs
> to practice structural engineering.

I'm working toward my MSCE and my PE right at the moment, but the goal has
always been to get a SE, so for those of us still learning, please
enlighten us as to why "there is NO benefit to passing the SE exam..."

| Larry M. Owen				| Email: sagan(--nospam--at)u..washington.edu |
| SGEM, Dept. of Civil Engineering	| WWW:                           |
| University of Washington		| Phone(Hm): 206-527-9679        |
| Box 352700				| Phone(Wk): 206-543-7363        |
| Seattle, WA 98195-2700, U.S.A.	| Fax(UofW): 206-543-1543        |
|   Fortune Cookie Counsel:                                              |
|     "If you cannot win, make the one ahead of you break the record."   |