Subject:UBC - Discrepancies between various printings

Someone has noticed a few discrepancies between various printings of
the UBC.

ICBO has published several erratas to the 94 code.  In the errata
to the first printing, published in Sept. 94, one of the many items
is to replace Tables 23-I-F, 23-I-G and 23-I-H with the ones included
in the errata.

The 1996 Accumulative Supplement to the 94 UBC then reprints the
tables in another format, with different values for certain
conditions..  I have also found equations written differently in
different printings but have not found these changes listed in the
errata.  Probably because the end numbers don't change.

The errata are published after every new code release for about the
first three printings.  Then an Accumulative Supplement comes out
at the beginning of the third year.  This is no different from the
91, 88 and earlier codes.  The have all had errata packages for the
first several printings.  The first printing has the most changes and
some people in our office keep saying they will never again buy the
first printing.  They always do.  I expect to see the first errata to
the 97 in about a month or two.

Oh yeah, the courts do expect you to stay up to date on all these
changes and produce a perfect product.  Isn't life wonderful?

Ian Robertson
igr(--nospam--at)eqe.com