Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Subject:UBC - Discrepancies between various printings[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'" <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
- Subject: RE: Subject:UBC - Discrepancies between various printings
- From: "Dennis S. Wish PE" <wish(--nospam--at)cyberg8t.com>
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 12:04:34 -0700
-----Original Message----- From: Ian Robertson [SMTP:igr(--nospam--at)EQE.COM] Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 1997 10:18 AM To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org Subject: Subject:UBC - Discrepancies between various printings Someone has noticed a few discrepancies between various printings of the UBC. ICBO has published several erratas to the 94 code. In the errata to the first printing, published in Sept. 94, one of the many items is to replace Tables 23-I-F, 23-I-G and 23-I-H with the ones included in the errata. The 1996 Accumulative Supplement to the 94 UBC then reprints the tables in another format, with different values for certain conditions.. I have also found equations written differently in different printings but have not found these changes listed in the errata. Probably because the end numbers don't change. The errata are published after every new code release for about the first three printings. Then an Accumulative Supplement comes out at the beginning of the third year. This is no different from the 91, 88 and earlier codes. The have all had errata packages for the first several printings. The first printing has the most changes and some people in our office keep saying they will never again buy the first printing. They always do. I expect to see the first errata to the 97 in about a month or two. Oh yeah, the courts do expect you to stay up to date on all these changes and produce a perfect product. Isn't life wonderful? Ian Robertson igr(--nospam--at)eqe.com [Dennis S. Wish PE] Imagine creating software with errors and then charging again for the corrections. Isn't this what ICBO is doing by publishing and selling Errata's???
- Prev by Subject: Subject:UBC - Discrepancies between various printings
- Next by Subject: suggest add archive URL to "trailer"
- Previous by thread: Subject:UBC - Discrepancies between various printings
- Next by thread: 3-10% error in nail tables