Advice for Professional Journal - Independent A&E

First: This is not intended to be an advertisement for my new
journal. If you feel that this post is inappropriate for this
list please let me know and I will refrain from this type of
discussion. My apologies if I offend anyone, it is not my
intention.

I have announced the creation of "Independent A&E" - a quarterly
electronic journal intended to be a subscription service and
aimed at any small office Architect, Engineer, designer or
supporting associate or student to the building industry.
I have discussed my proposed content and goals with a few of you
in private, but I realized that I was missing the most important
comments which is the basis of this new journal.

I need to know what each of you would want covered in the
content - obviously from an engineering opinion. The following
list is what I intend to cover initially, but I want to make
sure that the opinions of the each engineer is weighed in my
decision as to what is to be published - obviously space is a
consideration:

1. Editorials
2. Tutorials
3. Software reviews
4. Summaries of work by professional organizations and links to
committees for readers comments. Hopefully to promote
unification of professional organizations.
5. Information regarding national committee work that is
currently being done by email, fax, phone and other mediums.
6. Internet, Listservice, Newsgroup support and education to
help A&E's get online and be heard.
7. Issues related to architects and engineers - a platform for
debate
8. Summary and comment on Listservice subjects.

So far this is the list of idea's. I feel that it is extremely
important to support Listservices, Newsgroups and other methods
of communication between engineers. I also feel that it is
important to unite the individual A&E so as to remind the
national and local professional societies that the work that
they do is built upon the strength of the individual (which I am
inclined to believe has been forgotten).

Finally, inasmuch as there are already organized professional
societies working through lobbies to promote change in
legislation, I don't want to reprint what is available. However,
I would like to create links to this information and update it
regularly to that each individual A&E knows where the source can
be obtain. AND, I would like to start a lobby of independent
A&E's to help convince each professional organization of the
importance of making their work available to the international
community and creating access by individuals through the
Internet.

Again, I apologize if you feel that this is not an appropriate
subject, however I can think of no better place to consider your
opinions.

Sincerely,
Dennis S. Wish PE
Editor & Publisher "Independent A&E"