Re: Basement Walls

Dennis S. Wish PE wrote:

> 1. Model the wall and design stem steel and
> footing width for a
> retaining wall,
> 2. Model and provide stem steel for tension in
> the face of the
> wall as required for a pinned connection.

Our engineers prefer to design this way also.

Stan Johnson
BS, EIT, OK, so it's not a bargain basement
approach, but we hope that it will keep us from
getting buried in lawsuits (not to mention shoring
up our sense of professional integrity)  A couple
of clients have gotten bent out of shape about it,
but most don't banish us to the cellar for it.
:))