Re: FIRE - Fire damage to unreinforced brick wall.

May be I should qualify my statement regarding brick not being
damaged by elevated temperatures.

First of all I may have misunderstood your original posting.
If I remember correctly the wall in question was adjacent to
the building next to which caught fire. If the fire was inside
the building in question  then absolutely you must check
the brick. My assumption was that the adjacent building had
a 9 inch wall also and that wall got the "heat"  if I may say.
Brick walls tend to hold up the heat and fire from spreading
and UBC gives a 4 hour fire rating for an 8 inch wall which
is the greatest value.

So if the fire was inside the building then all prior posts
have given you excellent advice use it since it is not on the PE
or SE exam.

Ara Maloyan  P.E.