z factor for crack control

I have been facing a little dilemma lately regarding the crack control
provisions in section 10.6 of the ACI code and would appreciate some
advice...

I am designing grade beams and mat slab for a large under/ above ground
parking structure in Korea.  Local water table conditions are terrible,
the structure must be designed assuming water to the ground surface or
even a few meters above at flood stage.  To add to the problems, the
structure is located in a highly marine environment.

Looking at 10.6.5 in the code, I would venture a guess that a z value of
145 is not sufficient for this situation (Yes, i remembered to reduce the
value for the slab, for all you nitpickers out there!).  What sort of
number would be appropriate for this scenario and how can I justify using
it?  I have also tossed around the idea of simply increasing the cover
and leaving the z at 145.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Wade Jensen